29.3.16

MINDFUL LOVE TOTE BAG

Marie Feliz's blog has been full of love and embroidery during last weeks. Today, I'd like to close the circle by making the Mindful Love tote bag <3. It's a bit different tote. A small one released on Purl bee two years ago for Halloween inspired me. I think that only one handle is a good idea to keep on knitting while you stand up from your usual seat and take a little walk. Bye bye sedentary life! :D


The heart embroidered on the tote symbolizes Mindful Love. It's the way I call to the love where nobody feels smaller or lost, but revitalized and respected. It's kind of equal and reciprocal relationship. To make the red heart I followed the instructions of Betty Barnden embroidery book for many of the stitches. Here you have the pictures of the whole process:



I made the drawing over the fabric with a Pilot Frixion pen, that I cleaned as if by magic, with some hot air from my hairdryer.





Also, I followed the instructions for the ironing step. It was kind of sandwich receipt: first a towel, second the embroidery wrong side up, a little piece of white and a wet fabric, and press slightly the iron without sliding it. Then I sewed the whole tote. The inside is very clean with French seams and red bias tape.



It's been a cool experience. I felt on my element with embroidery. I'm in love with it! I think I'm going to repeat very soon. That is dopamine effect ;)

Now tell me please, do you like my Mindful Love tote bag? Do you usually embroider? Or are you a beginner like me?

A big hug and have a nice day! <3

No hay comentarios: